It’s hard to believe that fall is just around the corner (next Tuesday)! It’s the perfect weather for sweaters, roasting marshmallows over the fire pit and eating pot after pot of soup and chili! Tonight at my house we’re getting a head-start on soup and chili season with Mexican Taco Soup, a family favorite! You’ve gotta try one of these fantastic fall recipes this weekend. They’re easy to make and delicious!
- If you’re in need of a soup that’s lite and healthy, try this Simple Lemony Chicken Soup with Spring Veggies.
- If you’re looking for something a little heartier, then Zuppa Toscano is the soup for you.
- The perfect pairing with grilled cheese, this San Marzano Tomato Soup is ready in just 30 minutes!!
- The Best Instant Pot Chili is also the best chili I’ve ever made. We like it hot, so I add a jalapeño and some red pepper flakes.
And last but not least, Mexican Taco Soup (adapted from a recipe in the Whole Foods store flyer).
Mexican Taco Soup
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups organic chicken or beef broth
- 1 15-oz can black beans
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
Brown meat in a large pot over medium heat. Drain and set aside. In the same pot, sauté onion, peppers, and garlic along with taco seasoning. Add meat back to pot along with remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes. Serves 4.